Here are 6 useful tips for getting prepared for your wedding dance:
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Learning to dance takes time. Many couples start to prepare for their first dance six months, to a year in advance. Although you may be surprised with what our couples have accomplished in a few short weeks.
- Have a few choices in mind for the wedding song. If you have a specific song that you would like to use for the wedding please bring it to your first lesson, so your instructor can teach you the appropriate dance for your music.
- Be aware that not every wedding dance will be a Waltz. Most songs that couples bring into the studio range from being a Rumba or Foxy, to even a Swing or Salsa. And don’t limit yourselves to one dance for the wedding. Be prepared for a variety dances on your wedding day to add even more fun to your reception.
- Be patient with yourself and your partner when learning to dance. As time gets closer to the wedding, couples have more stress in their lives than they have ever experienced. Remember, dancing is a great time to just have fun and relax.
- Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on the big day. Also share with your instructor the style of your wedding gown.
- Be consistent with all of your appointments (privates, groups and practice sessions). The more often a couple is able to come in, the less review there will be on each lesson and the more they will be prepared for the wedding. Group classes and practice sessions help solidify the information received on private lessons, making the private lessons more efficient.